Groups proposed by members of the World Shopping Tourism Network:
1). The Tourism Project and Shopping Tourism
2). Shopping Tourism and retail
3). Shopping Tourism and Luxury
4). Marketing and shopping tourism
5). Shopping tourism: social, economic and cultural phenomena. Agenda 2030
6). Shopping Tourism of Products with Cultural Identity
7). Shopping and trade tourism: strategic alliance
8). Actors and agents involved in shopping tourism
9). Tools for the development of purchasing tourism
10). Shopping tourism and event and congress tourism (MICE)
11). Shopping Tourism and communication
12). Shopping Tourism and Touroperation
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING GROUP OPERATING RULES
Note: Pending approval by members of the Global Shopping Tourism Network and higher institutions.
The development of the knowledge of Shopping Tourism requires, more and more, the cooperation of people or groups interested in it and to facilitate this collaboration, the WORLD SHOPPING TOURISM NETWORK (WSTN) is proposed as one of its objectives to encourage the creation and development of working groups, within the structure of the Network itself, so that members interested in the WSTN can work in teams and advance in a positive way in the field of shopping tourism, its involvement and impact on the territory due to the existing transversality between this type of tourism and other tourism sectors, commercial and industrial in general (fashion, crafts, tour operators, etc.).
How are working groups formed?
Each group is formed by the independent decision of its members, who enter the group because they want to contribute to thinking about and activate the creation of a group in a specific area of interest of shopping tourism, contributing especially in the topics that most interest or concern them.
To participate in the groups it is necessary to be a member of the World Shopping Tourism Network. Each member can join the groups that interest by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, indicating name and surname, country, contact telephone numbers, institution and e-mails.
The working groups are governed by the Rules of Functioning of the working groups of the Global Shopping Tourism Network, with relevant information regarding the creation, formalization, objectives, activities, functioning, responsible, benefits, funding, etc..
The working groups of the World Shopping Tourism Network will have as their main objectives:
- To stimulate interest in a certain area of knowledge within the WSTN.
- To integrate other members with affinity in this area.
- Contribute to Continuing Education in this thematic area.
- Convene meetings of common interest and activities related to the area of knowledge.
- To promote and facilitate the realization of registries and to promote the investigation in its area of interest related to some of the topics related to the tourism of purchases.
- Advice on issues related to your group and regular editing of your recommendations.
- Promote and facilitate publications in the World Shopping Tourism Network.
- Collaborate in its thematic area in the web worldshoppingtourism.com
- Collaborate and advise in the organization of national and international congresses.
- Represent the World Shopping Tourism Network in various opinion forums in relation to its area of knowledge.
- Affiliation of members
The members of the Working Groups may be all the members of the WSTN that request in writing to the WSTN its registration in a certain group(s), as well as persons of recognized competence in the respective topics, national or foreign, whose contribution is considered of interest by the management committee of the Group.
Professionals who wish to form part of a working group must be members of the WSTN.
Administrative Organization of the Group
Each Group shall consist of at least 10 members for the World Shopping Tourism Network considered as such.
Each Working Group shall be led by a Steering Committee composed of at least one coordinator and one secretary. Optionally, in larger groups, a vice-coordinator and 2 to 4 members may be appointed at the discretion of each group.
The appointment of the Steering Committee will be made by simple majority vote among the members of each Group, and will be ratified by the Management of the WSTN.
The position of coordinator of each Group has a duration of two years, extendable for another two. Both the 1st election and the re-election are subject to the approval of the WSTN Management.
Once this period has elapsed, a new coordinator must be elected. When a Coordinator ceases, the rest of the members of the Management Committee will also cease.
The Management Committee of each Group will make available to the Network all the information and documentation necessary for the correct monitoring of its actions and tasks.
To this end, the Management Committee of each Working Group undertakes to keep a brief accounting control regarding the application of the funds at its disposal, with brief details of the entries and exits.
Functions of the Coordinator
In general, the Coordinator of each Working Group will be obliged to fulfill the foundational objectives of the World Shopping Tourism Network, among other functions:
- Encourage the publication of the work done by each Group, whose authorship belongs to the Network and direct ownership of the signatories of the work.
- To provide WSTN with the complete revised texts of the works carried out, with the expression of the WSTN authorship, in order to promote their publication and diffusion.
- To attend the meetings of each Working Group for the purposes of its operation and management.
- To draw up an annual report on the activities carried out, with a succinct accounting annex, in order to provide the Network with complete information on the work carried out and its economic repercussions.
- To carry out the scientific meetings that may be necessary in function of the proposed work objectives.
- To promote the obtaining of resources for the works to develop.
- To collaborate closely with the Network and other Working Groups in achieving the aims of the WSTN.
- To make contacts and scientific activities with other national and foreign working groups related to its thematic area, as well as to promote research studies related to purchasing tourism.
- Ensure that the research projects and records of the working group comply with current regulations.
Functions of the secretary
- It will carry out the functions of the Coordinator by delegation of the same one or by impossibility of this one.
- The secretary is responsible for drawing up the minutes of the meetings.
- The secretary shall inform the members of the Group of proposals, projects, calls for proposals and other activities of interest by prior agreement with the Coordinator.
- The secretary shall keep an updated register of the members of the Group.
Creation of a new Working Group
It must be based on a reasoned request by one or more WSTN partners for a suitable work topic in the field of Shopping Tourism.
Will make a report to the World Shopping Tourism Network providing supporting documentation, previous or foreseeable actions, suitability of the proposal of a Coordinator. The Directorate of the WSTN will be informed of the creation of the new group and the objectives it aims to achieve.
The Management of the Network will approve the proposal, facilitate the integration of the Group and ratify the Coordinator proposed by the same and responsible for the implementation of the new Working Group.
Dissolution of a Working Group
A Working Group may be terminated under the following circumstances:
- Temporary achievement of the purposes for which it was created
- Lack of scientific and administrative activity in a period exceeding one year. A minimum activity is considered to be the development of one action (which does not include the annual meeting) teaching, research, etc. per year, as well as the publication on the web of its annual summary and activity.
- Lack of information on activities in a period of two years.
- By agreement of the Board of Trustees prior assessment of the activity carried out with simple majority voting.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org