Rafael Hernández, CEM
Publisher & CEO, LatinAmerica Meetings
Chairman World Meetings Forum
President PCMA Mexico Chapter 2017 – 2018
Chair Person ICCA Mexico Committee 2018 – 2020
Education and Certifications
Studied a Bachelor’s Degree in International Business at the Universidad Anahuac.
Certified in Exhibit Management (CEM)
Certificate in Organization of Exhibitions (COEXPO)
Founder of LatinAmerica Meetings (LAM) and Latin America Trade Shows (LATS) owners:
- Megaexpo ® Annual Directory of Events
- Másexpos Congresos & Convenciones ® Bimonthly magazine for Meeting Tourism
- Meet In ® Special Supplements
- Meet In News ® Daily Newsletter
- Meetings Education ® Meeting Tourism Training
- Unique, The Only way to Meet ® Premium Magazine for Luxury Event Tourism
- LM Colombia ® Magazine for Meeting Tourism in Colombia
- LM Centroamérica ® Magazine for Meeting Tourism in Central America
- PR and Market Research for Reed, UBM and Easy Fairs 2011 – 2013
Founder of the World Meetings Forum (WMF) and World Trade Show Forum, special events that bring together global leaders of Meeting Tourism to share trends and statistics of Meeting Tourism at a global level including a Hosted Buyers component and networking events for business generation.
During the WMF & WTSF 2014 he proposed the creation of the Meeting Means Business Latin America to add efforts to the existing MMB coalition. This campaign includes testimonials from important leaders in A.L. Meeting Tourism.
During WMF 2015 the conversion of NAMID by GMID was proposed, thus reaching an agreement for the evolution of this celebration and on April 14, 2016 the first GMID was achieved.
Founder and Chairman of the World Meetings Forum Foundation promoting work inclusion for people with disabilities in the Events Industry.
First Latin American to be on the cover of the prestigious Trade Show Executive magazine as one of the promises in Latin America.
First Latin American to receive the Convention Industry Council Pace Setter Award in 2015
Service to Industry :
To this day it has served as:
- 1st Vice-president COCAL (Federation of Organizing and Related Entities of Latin America)
- Vice President of Communications PCMA Mexico Chapter
- Director of International Relations MPI Mexico Chapter
- Publisher & CEO of Latinamerica Meetings
- Chairman of World Meetings Forum & World Trade Show Forum
- National President AMPROFEC
- Vice-President service providers AMPROFEC
- Vice President of Education MPI Mexico Chapter
- Vice-President Various Industries CANACINTRA
- 20 Vice-President COCAL