The Forum of Experts on the World Shopping Tourism Network is formed by professionals related to this sector, as well as others related to this important activity. Their results are offered to the World Tourism Organization – Affiliated Members, as well as other international institutions.
Among the objectives of the Forum of Experts is to provide information and point out the risks and opportunities of a sector whose social, economic and cultural impact is of the first order.
The Forum of Experts on the World Shopping Tourism Network is formed by professionals related to this type of activity and is coordinated by Global Journey Consulting, which the data and results obtained by the network are offered to. Similarly, Global Journey Consulting is in charge of providing resources for the development of activities and services.
On the other hand, Shopping Tourism, seen as an area of development, can be understood as a multidisciplinary sector, with distinct sensibilities, contexts of action (local, regional, national) and multiple involved administrations or companies, with distinct methodologies and with a diverse educational origin. Therefore, reflection among professionals is necessary to discover the diverse realities as well as to foresee the trends of a sector with quite particular characteristics.
Who is the forum formed of?
1). Professionals registered in the World Shopping Tourism Network (WSTN) can be members of the Expert Forum whenever they count with verified professional experience and after presenting a written document through which they show interest in being members of the Expert Forum, which will be evaluated by a committee of Members of the Network.
2). Professionals with an important career path whose daily performance is done, to a greater or lesser extent, in Shopping Tourism and who are able to diagnose and reflect on the reality of this sector.
- Contribute to the knowledge about Shopping Tourism and its relation to other actors of the tourism industry and types of tourism.
- Point out the risks and opportunities of a sector whose social, economic and cultural impact is of first order.
- Analyze the trends in Shopping Tourism with the participation of related actors and agents.
- Transparency, respect, confidentiality whenever necessary, and professionality should guide the relations between the members of the Forum of Experts of the World Shopping Tourism Network.
- The members will be able to send their comments, criticisms, collaborations, etc., to the Platform for its publication, promotion and communication and debate.
- These documents will be treated with the utmost professional dedication. If they are not satisfied with any issue, they may demand that a scientific committee decide on the matter under discussion. This Committee will be formed by 5 members elected in the following way:
- Two participating international institutions recognized by the WSTN.
- 1 member proposed by the parties (2 parties).
- 1 member by Global Journey Consulting.
When they inform, give their opinion or intervene in the evaluation of any program, their reports or opinions will be treated with total confidentiality, as it happens in the process of reviewing articles of scientific publications. If an intellectual property issue arises in relation to the expert’s work, it should be expressly acknowledged.
Specific functions of the Forum of Experts.
- Suggest about priorities, actions, studies, etc., from the World Shopping Tourism Network.
- Offer professional opinion about certain programs or interventions such as about diverse documents or reports that can be elaborated from the platform and that can request people outside of the network.
- Be part of working groups on issues that are of interest.
- On their own initiative, experts can send material or information they consider useful to the platform. It can be documents to incorporate into the website, information that may be of interest to include them in the newsletter, among other writings.
- Any activity undertaken by the Forum of Experts supports the overall strategic objectives of the World Shopping Tourism Network.
- Each activity undertaken by the Forum of Experts will be in harmony with other programmes developed by the World Shopping Tourism Network.
Participation and registration in activities
The members registered in the WSTN will be able to assist, as well as the members of the Forum of Experts, invited guests and media representatives.
For more information: email@example.com