The World Shopping Tourism Network (WSTN), led by Global Journey Consulting, is a forum for reflection within the framework of the UNWTO Affiliate Members Program in which participants can interact, share and access relevant information. Besides, users will be able to benefit from this platform to generate, spread and apply for specific knowledge in order to take advantage of the enormous potential stemming from Shopping Tourism and its ability to relate to other sectors and resources.
In this forum, experts, destinations and academic institutions as well as a wide range of private actors can work together in shaping the future of the tourism sector linked to Shopping Tourism.
World Shopping Tourism Network intends to channel every action, project, information, opinion and suggestion which supports and improves the development of Shopping Tourism.
Its users will be able to benefit from this platform to:
- Generate, spread and apply for specific knowledge in order to take advantage of the enormous potential stemming from Shopping Tourism and its ability to relate to other sectors and resources.
- Develop programmes and projects that allow tourist destinations —in collaboration with tourism companies and those related to it— to make proposals in order to create or strengthen the Shopping Tourism offer, main or complementary to the Tourism Plan of a territory.
- To make Shopping Tourism known globally.
- To facilitate Internet users access and interaction with the main points of Shopping Tourism in each destination.
- To facilitate the participating companies their interaction and business possibilities.
- To be a key information point for all sectors involved in Shopping Tourism.
- To promote new destinations for this kind of tourism.
- To make new tools known and to introduce different formulas which facilitate the tourist experience.
- To collaborate in the analysis of key issues regarding Shopping Tourism.
- To encourage public-private collaboration.
1). Experience, training and recognition of members and professionals through academic programs and networking.
2). Continuous integration with international organizations and support to all our members to guide their business agendas.
3). A unique DNA for each affiliated member: a unique proposal for each member.
4). A non-competitive forum for Members to collaborate to solve business and institutional problems, while generating responsible actors within the tourism purchasing industry (tourism and commerce).
LINES OF WORK
1). Publication of the White Book of Shopping Tourism, with the participation of companies directly or indirectly related to this tourist sector.
2). Development of meeting events: forums, events, congresses, etc.
3). Integration of the principles of the World Tourism Organization as well as the Sustainable Development Programme – Agenda 2030.
4). Development of communication and promotion tools for the members of the Network and the international tourism industry.
5). Development of training programs and specialization in topics related to shopping tourism.
6). Industry solutions. Development and implementation of technological tools aimed at improving the profitability and sustainability of the tourism purchasing industry in particular and promote its transversality to other tourism sectors.
7). Forum Experts on Shopping Tourism with the participation of other cross-cutting tourism sectors.
8). Promotion programme for the creation of an Observatory of Startup related to the shopping tourism sector that will allow the industry to interact with the latest trends in the digital world.